November 18, 2013
Here are a few brief highlights from the Council meeting. Full minutes will be posted here when they have been approved by Council.
- The week of November 23 – 29 was proclaimed Idle Less Week in Dawson Creek and residents are encourages to take a proactive role in minimizing harmful health and environmental impacts of excessive vehicle idling. Free bussing during the Idle Less campaign was approved.
- Nicole Palfi, Dawson Creek Daily News, attended to present the 2013 Annual People’s Choice Awards:
- Best Office Staff – City of Dawson Creek
- Best Place for a Picnic – Kin Park
- Best Place to Walk – City Walking Track, South Peace Community Multiplex
- Best City Employee – Shawn Dahlen
- Best RCMP Officer – Mike Richard
- Best Civic Leader – Mike Bernier, MLA
- Best Firefighter – Ken Reitsma
- Council agreed to host Dawson Creek Secondary School 2014 Graduation at the Encana Event Centre for the next three years.
- City Staff have been directed to pursue a lease with School District 59 for City use of O’Brien gym.
- The recommendation to implement curbside recycling was defeated.
- The sale of City property at 10201 – 10th Street to the Chamber of Commerce received the first three readings.
- The properties at 1524, 1528, 1532, 1536, 1540 Loran Drive were rezoned from RS-1 (Residential – Single Family Zone) to RM-2 (Residential – Medium Density Multiple Family Zone).