AUGUST 11, 2017– Dawson Creek BC – The South Peace Economic Development Commission has initiated a local content program to identify and promote certified local businesses. The program allows resource projects to easily find and engage with local businesses through an online platform. This is an essential tool for local contracting programs in the South Peace region.
There is no cost for a South Peace business to certify or join the directory as the online tool is sponsored by Community Futures Peace Liard. The South Peace Local Business online certification process is administered by the City of Dawson Creek.
To be eligible for the South Peace Local Business certificate companies must meet the following requirements:
- The company must have a physical presence in the Peace River South Electoral District
- The company must provide local employment to at least one resident living in Peace River South
- The company must have a valid Peace River South (Dawson Creek, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, Pouce Coupe) business license
- Rural based companies are eligible to be included in the database by inputing their physical “911 address” to verify they are located in the rural south peace area.
Local South Peace businesses can become certified in three easy steps:
- Create an online account at https://certvine.com/Register
- Add company information for profile page (company name, contact information, description and services provided) by following the online registration wizard
- Complete South Peace Local Business certificate questionnaire and submit
Moving forward, South Peace community and business leaders will encourage all companies contracting in the region to use the online system to implement local contracting programs.
Search for local businesses at https://certvine.com/SouthPeace