The 2.9-million-hectare Dawson Creek Forest District provides an estimated 1,700 jobs, ranging from truck drivers and equipment operators to camp crews. Species harvested include spruce, pine, balsam, and aspen, in quantities enough to build more than 33,000 houses annually! An extensive silviculture program is in place.
Local Ministry of Forest staff administer and implement forest and grazing range regulations and license agreements as well as provide protection from forest fires.
- Spruce, Pine, Balsam, Aspen and Birch harvested.
- Spruce and Pine planted.
- Provides 1,700 jobs
- Size of Dawson Creek Forest District:
2.9 million hectares
- Size of Dawson Creek Timber Supply Area:
- Annual allowable cut in TSA (coniferous):
1,371,533 cubic metres
- Annual allowable cut in TSA (deciduous):
941,500 cubic metres
- Land and Resource Management Plan in place
- Number of logging truck loads harvested in 2001: