News & Announcements
Environment Canada has issued a rainfall warning/severe thunderstorm watch for the Dawson Creek area starting this evening (July 19) and continuing until Saturday (July 21).
The City expects that levels in Dawson Creek may rise to the point of flooding and low lying areas may be affected. If flooding occurs, the City asks for the public’s cooperation in avoiding flooded areas until levels recede.
If you are experiencing an emergency flooding situation that is threatening the infrastructure on your property, you can contact the Dawson Creek Fire Department at 250-782-9898.
Keep an eye on our Facebook Page for continued updates throughout the weekend.
A Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, July 23, 2018 and will include:
- Director Rose, Director Hiebert & Manager Crystal Brown, Peace River Regional District in attendance re: Municipal Participation in Electoral Area Planning.
Letter from Amy Vienneau, VNO Consulting (June 22, 2018) re: Local Government Emergency Management Consulting.
Email from Cathy Peters, BC’s Anti-Human Trafficking Educator (June 26, 2018) re: Child Sex Trafficking in BC.
Report No. 18-099 from the Deputy Director of Corporate Administration re: Community Awards Policy.
Report No. 18-110 from the Project Manager re: Trucked Waste Receiving Facility Rates & Agreement.
Road construction season is upon us, and the City of Dawson Creek appreciates your patience while the following Streets are periodically closed during this time:
- 15th Street from 108th Ave to the bridge
- 15th Street from the bridge to 105th Ave
- 10th Street from 107th Ave to 104th Ave
- 13th Street from 102nd Ave to 10th Street
Check out the City’s Facebook page for up to date construction progress.
The City of Dawson Creek is looking for pictures of downtown! If you are downtown area and love to take pictures, send them our way for a chance to win a great prize!
Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, July 31st @ 4:30 pm. Winner will be announced in August.
A Regular Council Meeting is taking place on Monday, June 25, 2018, and will include:
- Solar Day Proclamation
- Steve Oliver, Special Olympics British Columbia in attendance for a Global Day of Inclusion Proclamation
- New Councillor Business from Councillor Parslow and Councillor Wilbur
- Letter from Honorable John Horgan, Premier of the Province of British Columbia re: UBCM Meeting requests
- Solid Waste and Recyclable Material Bylaw for consideration and adoption
- Committee of the Whole Reports
If you would like to view the full agenda, click the link below: