News & Announcements
This morning the Province has declared a Provincial State of Emergency to support the ongoing response.
Below is the press release for your awareness.
At the Regular Meeting of Council held July 23, 2018, Council proposed a Community Awards Policy. Attached is the proposed policy.
Any member of the public who feels they may be affected by the proposed changes to the City of Dawson Creek’s policy may submit comments regarding these proposed amendments, in writing, to:
Brenda Ginter, Director of Corporate Administration via email: email@example.com or fax 250.782.3203 or drop them off at City Hall at 10105 12A Street no later than 4:30 pm on August 23, 2018.
A Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, July 23, 2018 and will include:
- Director Rose, Director Hiebert & Manager Crystal Brown, Peace River Regional District in attendance re: Municipal Participation in Electoral Area Planning.
Letter from Amy Vienneau, VNO Consulting (June 22, 2018) re: Local Government Emergency Management Consulting.
Email from Cathy Peters, BC’s Anti-Human Trafficking Educator (June 26, 2018) re: Child Sex Trafficking in BC.
Report No. 18-099 from the Deputy Director of Corporate Administration re: Community Awards Policy.
Report No. 18-110 from the Project Manager re: Trucked Waste Receiving Facility Rates & Agreement.
Road construction season is upon us, and the City of Dawson Creek appreciates your patience while the following Streets are periodically closed during this time:
- 15th Street from 108th Ave to the bridge
- 15th Street from the bridge to 105th Ave
- 10th Street from 107th Ave to 104th Ave
- 13th Street from 102nd Ave to 10th Street
Check out the City’s Facebook page for up to date construction progress.
A Regular Council Meeting is taking place on Monday, June 25, 2018, and will include:
- Solar Day Proclamation
- Steve Oliver, Special Olympics British Columbia in attendance for a Global Day of Inclusion Proclamation
- New Councillor Business from Councillor Parslow and Councillor Wilbur
- Letter from Honorable John Horgan, Premier of the Province of British Columbia re: UBCM Meeting requests
- Solid Waste and Recyclable Material Bylaw for consideration and adoption
- Committee of the Whole Reports
If you would like to view the full agenda, click the link below: