News & Announcements
Road construction season is upon us, and the City of Dawson Creek appreciates your patience while the following Streets are periodically closed during this time:
- 15th Street from 108th Ave to the bridge
- 15th Street from the bridge to 105th Ave
- 10th Street from 107th Ave to 104th Ave
- 13th Street from 102nd Ave to 10th Street
Check out the City’s Facebook page for up to date construction progress.
A Regular Council Meeting is taking place on Monday, June 25, 2018, and will include:
- Solar Day Proclamation
- Steve Oliver, Special Olympics British Columbia in attendance for a Global Day of Inclusion Proclamation
- New Councillor Business from Councillor Parslow and Councillor Wilbur
- Letter from Honorable John Horgan, Premier of the Province of British Columbia re: UBCM Meeting requests
- Solid Waste and Recyclable Material Bylaw for consideration and adoption
- Committee of the Whole Reports
If you would like to view the full agenda, click the link below:
A Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, June 11, 2018 and will include:
Mike Bernier, M.L.A., Member of the Legislative Assembly in attendance re: Update on What is Going on Provincially.
Amanda Neufeld & Melina Sweezey, Ken Borek Aquatic Centre in attendance re: Swim to Survive Day Proclamation.
Gerry & Peggy Bergeron, Anna Comer, Randy Haney, Andrew Hall, David Shoemaker, Brianna Hall Helen Ezeard, Residents of Dawson Creek in attendance re: 17th Street Flooding Mitigation Petition.
Letter from Deborah Jones-Middleton, Protective Services Manager, Peace River Regional District (May 30, 2018) re: Letter from Firewise Consulting Regarding Emergency Management BC (EMBC) Road Rescue Services Review.
Letter from Nawican Friendship Centre (June 4, 2018) re: Request to Use Kin Park for Archery Practice.
Report No. 18-083 from the Director of Corporate Administration re: 2018 Capital Projects – Northern Development Initiative Trust (NDIT) Applications.
Report No. 18-073 from the Parks & Facilities Manager re: Parks Bylaw No. 4371, 2018.
- Parks Bylaw No. 4371, 2018 for consideration of first three readings.
You can view the full agenda package below:
Council is proposing a Recycling Program for residents of Dawson Creek. See the attached Bylaw for detailed information and direct your questions or comments regarding the bylaw to Peter Nilsen, Energy Manager at 250-784-3655 or firstname.lastname@example.org until Friday, June 14th.