The nomination period is open for the Dawson Creek Community Awards.
The City of Dawson Creek values the efforts of individuals or businesses who have significantly contributed to the community of Dawson Creek. The nomination period ends October 22nd @ 4:30 pm.
Citizen of the Year:
- Nominee is actively involved in community work and/or service clubs outside of their place of employment or educational facility
- Nominee has had a positive impact in the community
- Nominee has demonstrated a personal commitment to the benefit of the community
- Nominee has performed an outstanding achievement or act of heroism
- The community has benefited from this person’s involvement
- Nominee has overcome significant personal adversity
- Nominee has positive and inspiring personal attributes that serve to encourage others
Youth of the Year:
- Nominees must be under 19 years of age and the nomination would be based on the same criteria as Citizen of the Year.
Business of the Year:
- Excellence/Leadership in field of expertise
- Business growth (increased sales, profitability and expansion)
- Increased employment and sound employee relations
- Customer Service/Quality
- Innovation/Research & Development (marketing, product development, environmental responsibility or technological advances)
- Community/Charitable Involvement
- Use of local resources (utilizing educational institutions, natural resources, goods, services, etc.)
Entrepreneur of the Year:
- All nominees must live or work in the Dawson Creek area.
- The entrepreneur must be the key person responsible for the success and growth of a Dawson Creek-based company.
Inclusive Workplace of the Year:
- A business that employs at least one person with a disability (PWD)
- A business that has an anti-discrimination policy in place
- A business that is fully accessible to PWD, defined as having environmental features such as:
- Curb cuts on the sidewalk
- Wheelchair ramps
- Wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- Clear and legible signage
- A business that has great customer service that emphasizes communication, assistance and friendliness
For more information please contact Tabatha Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.784.3636