Dawson Creek Community Awards 2017
Citizen of the Year:
- Nominee is actively involved in community work and/or service clubs outside of their place of employment or educational facility
- Nominee has had a positive impact in the community
- Nominee has demonstrated a personal commitment to the benefit of the community
- Nominee has performed an outstanding achievement or act of heroism
- The community has benefited from this person’s involvement
- Nominee has overcome significant personal adversity
- Nominee has positive and inspiring personal attributes that serve to encourage others
Youth of the Year:
- Nominees must be under 19 years of age and the nomination would be based on the same criteria as Citizen of the Year.
Business of the Year:
- Excellence/Leadership in field of expertise
- Business growth (increased sales, profitability and expansion)
- Increased employment and sound employee relations
- Customer Service/Quality
- Innovation/Research & Development (marketing, product development, environmental responsibility or technological advances)
- Community/Charitable Involvement
- Use of local resources (utilizing educational institutions, natural resources, goods, services, etc.)
Entrepreneur of the Year:
- All nominees must live or work in the Dawson Creek area.
- The entrepreneur must be the key person responsible for the success and growth of a Dawson Creek-based company.
For more information please contact Lindsey Borek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.784.3617