Council has approved FREE Swim Admission for ALL AGES at the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre from July 2 – August 31! Please check out our swim schedule for summer swim times.
Check out our new Online Registration site: http://www.dawsoncreek.ca/register/
Attention Online Customers:
Due to the time zone your computer is set to, course start times may appear as Alberta local time. As an example, Alberta customers will see a course start time of 6:00pm however the course actually starts at 5:00pm in Dawson Creek.
Please double check your booking confirmation for the actual course start time.
You can also give us a call at 250-782-7946 or 250-784-3604 before registering online to confirm.
The Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre is a state of the art facility that officially opened on September 15, 2007. It features:
- 8-Lane 25m Competition Pool (990,000 litres)
- Hot Tub (12,800 litres)
- Leisure Pool (225,000 litres)
- Tots Pool (9,000 litres)
- 1m & 3m Diving Boards
- Lazy river
- Sauna and Steam Rooms
- Male, Female & Family Change Rooms
- Special Needs Access and Changing Rooms
- Ramp and stairs into leisure pool
- Water wheelchairs
- Pool-side Spectator Seating
Haven’t tried the climbing wall yet? Come on down! We offer a variety of climbing classes, Orientation Sessions and Drop In Sessions. We have Climbing Boot Camps, Adult Night, Ladies Night…and our very own Climbing Clubs! Check out the info below! Please note, everyone under the age of 19 must have their parent or legal guardian sign a waiver before they can climb. Class not available? Ask us to put your name on an interest list. Climbing Wall Waiver
Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track
How to Access the track: Enter at Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre. Sign in at the front desk. Take elevator to 3rd floor. When done, return to Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre to sign out.
Basic Guidelines: No food or beverages allowed on track. Indoor shoes only on track – outdoor shoes must be removed at Aquatic Centre. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult ages 19 or older. Please Remember:
- Access via Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre (#2 – 300 Highway 2, Dawson Creek, BC)
- Walking track is FREE to use
- Sign in at the pool (before using track)
- Sign out at the pool (after using track)
- INDOOR SHOES ONLY on track – outdoor footwear to be removed at pool, prior to track use (footwear can be locked up at pool lobby).
- Children 12 and under MUST be with a responsible adult 19 or older
- There are 2 directions that change weekly. Walkers stay to the inside of the track and runners stay to the outside
- As a courtesy to all users, please ensure you walk and run in the correct direction as posted. (No more than 2 people side by side to allow room for people passing)
- Please do not stop on the track – there are several resting areas located around and off the track
- Strollers are welcome on the walking track but please be sure your wheels are clean and you are in control of your stroller at all times
- The track is closed the day before, day of, and day after events and concerts.
- Lockers are available for use in the pool lobby (tokens cost $0.50 and can be purchased at the pool front desk).
- 1 lap = 250 meters (0.155 miles) 4 laps = 1 Kilometer 6 laps = 1 mile
For more information, please call us at (250) 782-7946