Development Permit Areas are designated in Dawson Creek for one or more of the following purposes. The form and character of development, specifically: multi-family residential, commercial, and light industrial development. The Protection of development from hazardous conditions areas and protection of natural environmental areas.
All Development Permit Applications must include the following information:
- Placement of structure(s) on site.
- Landscaping plans (grassed areas, flower beds, trees, parking areas, etc.)
- Building finish (type of siding, colour)
- Access to and from the property
- Plans and/or pictures if available
- Proposed development plans if the development is to be completed in phases
- Completed Sustainability Checklist (see above)