Did you know that 94% of household garbage can be recycled yet 94% of everything we produce ends up in the landfill?
Type a waste item to find out if it can be recycled, composted or disposed:
The following facilities are not operated by the City:
- Dawson Creek Transfer Station, 829 – Highway 49, Dawson Creek BC. Open Wednesday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Closed Monday and Tuesday. Disposal fees may apply. Plastic, tin, cardboard are accepted here.
- D.C. Campbell Recycling, 925 100 Ave, Dawson Creek BC. Open Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Please call 250-782-2020 for more information. Many additional items that cannot be taken at the bins are accepted here.
- No Frills Parking Lot Bins – 1401 – Alaska Avenue, Dawson Creek. Cardboard, plastic, paper and tin can be dropped off at the bins.
- Walmart Parking Lot Bins – 600 – Highway 2, Dawson Creek. Cardboard, Plastic, and tin can be dropped off at the bins.
- DCSS South Peace Campus Bins – 10808 15 St, Dawson Creek. Cardboard, Plastic, and tin can be dropped off at the bins.
- Ecole Frank Ross Elementary School – 1000 – 92nd Avenue, Dawson Creek. Cardboard, Plastic, and tin can be dropped off at the bins.
- Bessbrough Landfill – 6688 237 Road, 16.5 km West of Dawson Creek. Open Monday-Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Closed Sunday. Disposal fees may apply. Plastic, tin, cardboard are accepted here.
You are welcome to bring compostable materials such as grass clippings, leaves, etc. to the compost site, located at: 941/949 – 99 Ave Dawson Creek, BC. Large branches and entire trees are not permitted.
Please do not leave any bags or garbage behind- use the garbage bin for any bags used to bring compostable materials. The site is open 24 hours.