UPDATE: March 16, 2020 (10:30 am):
Due to the concerns surrounding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide, The City of Dawson Creek is following recommendations put forward by the British Columbia Office of the Provincial Health Officer as well as further recommendations from the Lifesaving Society regarding hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms (and similar features). The following facilities are closed until further notice.
– The Memorial & Kin Arena
– The Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre (including the climbing wall)
– The Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track
The following classes at the Aquatic Centre are CANCELLED:
– Spring Break Swim Lessons (March 16 – 20)
– Spring Break Swim Lessons (March 23 – 27)
– Emergency First Aid: March 26
– Standard First Aid: April 4-5
Staff will be in contact with those registered in these classes regarding credits and/or refunds or other options.
All Swim and Climb PASS holders will have their passes EXTENDED for the number of days we are closed.
The following are POSTPONED:
– KIN ARENA: all drop in and dry floor programs starting the week of March 30
– AQUATIC CENTRE: Registration Day for Spring Pool and Wall programs (originally scheduled for March 30).
All other recreation programs are still running as scheduled at this time. We ask our patrons to be proactive; if you are attending one of our programs but are feeling unwell please stay home.
For the full Media Release (from March 13), visit: https://www.dawsoncreek.ca/category/news/