For Immediate Release: March 16, 2020
CITY OF DAWSON CREEK RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
In response to the recommendations put forth by the Federal and Provincial governments in press releases held earlier this morning, the City of Dawson Creek is responding in the following ways:
- Gatherings of more than 50 people will be cancelled.
- The following City owned facilities will be closed until further notice:
- Memorial arena, Kin arena and Curling Rink
- Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre (including Wayne and Bev Dahlen Walking Track)
- The Dawson Creek Public Library
- Kiwanis Performing Arts Centre (Calvin Kruk Centre for the Arts)
- Dawson Creek Art Gallery
- The City will ensure that all essential services will be provided.
To accommodate social distancing, a live Facebook stream will be available during the Special Meeting of Council held in Council Chambers at 10 am Tuesday, March 17th. Mayor and Council will discuss the further precautions that the City will be taking in response to the COVID-19.
Please see the following link for additional information:
For further information please contact:
Acting Chief Administrative Officer