The first draft of the 2020 Annual Report was approved at the May 31, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council. Each year, municipalities “…are required to produce an annual report which states their goals and objectives for the coming year and demonstrates what progress has been made toward the preceding year’s goals and objectives.
The annual report must include:
- The municipality’s audited annual financial statements for the previous year
- A list of the permissive tax exemptions provided by the municipal council, and for each exemption, the amount of property tax that would have been imposed during the previous year if the exemption had not been granted
- A report on the municipality’s services and operations for the previous year
- A progress report on the performance of the municipality with respect to established objectives and measures
- A statement of objectives and measures that will be used as the basis for determining the municipality’s performance during the current year and following year
- The details of any declarations of disqualification made against individual council members during the previous year”
View the draft version of the 2020 Annual Report here. The Council Meeting occurring on June 28th was deemed the Annual Meeting of 2021, and the final copy of the 2020 Annual Report will be presented to Council for approval.