News & Announcements
Join us for a Special Meeting of Council regarding the City of Dawson Creek Zoning Bylaw Update being held tomorrow, June 20, 2019 at 9:00 am in Council Chambers.
Click on the link below for the Special Meeting agenda:
At the Regular Meeting of Council held on Monday, May 13, 2019 City Council decided to waive drop-in swim fees for Youth, Seniors and Families for the months of July and August in 2019. Any donations received from community groups and/or individuals will be directed to offset the cost of this sponsorship. Once all of the sponsors are confirmed, a list will be posted. If you would like to sponsor this event, either as an individual or an organization, please call (250)784-3636 or email email@example.com.
NOTICE OF INTENT
For Immediate Release: June 11, 2019
Newby Park and Barbaree Park: Dog Park Proposal
At the Regular Meeting of City Council held on Monday, June 10, 2019, Council requested staff to gather feedback from local residents and users of the Newby Park ball diamond (108th Ave and 20th ST) and Barbaree Park ball diamond (106A Ave) to determine which ball park would be the best fit for an interim dog park before a permanent dog park can be established at the new SPCA grounds.
The public is invited to provide their feedback regarding these ball diamonds and their use to the Administration Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (250)784-3632 by June 19, 2019. The feedback will be presented to Council at the meeting being held on Monday, June 24, 2019.
A Regular Council Meeting will be held on Monday, June 10, 2019 at 9:00 am and will include:
- Mike Readman, School District #59 & Shawnese Trottier, Tremblay Elementary School in attendance re: Request for Partnership in Delivering an Afterschool Sports and Arts Program.
- James Cox, Mile Zero Cruisers in attendance re: Request for Street Cleaning and No Parking Signs for 25th Anniversary Summer Cruisers Event.
- Aaron Rude, Event Organizer, Peace Country Toyota Burnout Competition in attendance re: Permanent Concrete Pad at the Encana Events Centre Parking Lot A.
- Ryan MacIvor, General Manager, Encana Events Centre/Tourism Dawson Creek in attendance re: Encana Event Centre 2018 Annual Report.
Letter from Jeanette Ferrer, KALIPI President (May 22, 2019) re: Request to Raise flag for Philippine Independence Day.
- Letter from Chris Leggett, Chief Administrative Officer, Village of Pouce Coupe (May 27, 2019) re: Canada Day Transit Service Request.
- Letter from Lisa Helps, Mayor, City of Victoria (May 29, 2019) re: Request support for Resolution of Support to Restore Provincial Support for Libraries.
- Report No. 19-084 from the Finance Manager re: 2018 Capital Asset Status Report.
- Report No. 19-098 from the Chief Financial Officer re: BC Transit 2019/2020 Annual Operating Agreement.
The full agenda package can be viewed at the links below:
The City of Dawson Creek is looking for an enthusiastic, community-minded individual to be considered for a Grant Writing contract. The City of Dawson Creek Grant Writer supports the City and local non-profit community groups by researching potential funding programs, developing applications, writing support and submission and follow up. The ideal candidate should have excellent writing and communication skills. Attention to detail and superior organizational skills are also required to ensure all grant application deadlines are met. Existing knowledge and experience with grant writing is an asset. The City requires a 400 hour per year time commitment. The Grant Writer will be provided with a cellphone, laptop and access to the City’s Grant Connect subscription. This is a paid contract dependent on experience and education.
Interested individuals may submit a resume to Elisa Valentin at 10105- 12A Street, Dawson Creek, B.C. V1G 3V7 or by email at email@example.com on or before June 28, 2019.