News & Announcements
Do you know a Citizen, Youth, Business, Workplace, or Entrepreneur that deserves recognition? Nominate them for a Community Award! Community Awards are a great opportunity to recognize the dedicated citizens and businesses that help build our community. Nominations open October 7th and run until October 28th.
This morning (October 21st) at the Regular Meeting of Council the following proclamations were made:
- October is Foster Family Month (BC Ministry of Child and Family Development in attendance)
- October 21st-October 26th is Small Business Week (Dawson Creek & District Chamber of Commerce in attendance)
- October 24th is World Polio Day (Dawson Creek Rotary Club in attendance)
Need help understanding the City budget figures?
Did you know that you can access the 2019 City Budget and compare it to the Actual (Year-to-Date) expenditures on line?
This online tool was created to promote transparency and help the public navigate and stay up-to-date on the current year’s approved budget operating revenues and expenditures, as well provide the public the ability to review budget data from the previous two years.
To access this tool, go to: https://dawsoncreek.openbook.questica.com/#
A Regular Meeting of Council with Committee of the Whole will be held on Monday, October 21st at 9:00 am in Council Chambers at City Hall and will include:
- Emma Noonan & Delegates, Gay, Straight Alliance, South Peace Secondary School in attendance re: Request to Raise the Pride Flag at City Hall.
- Letter from Jack Hynes, Director/Owner, Lonestar Nightlife (October 11, 2019) re: Request for Reconsideration of Application for Change to Hours of Liquor Service.
- Email from Tara Moorhouse, Senior Transportation Analyst, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (October 1, 2019) re: Northern BC Transportation Options Information.
- Report No. 19-164 from the Accounts Receivable Clerk re: 2019 Tax Sale Results.
- Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 4424, 2019 for consideration of adoption.
The full agenda package can be viewed at the links below:
Community Awards Voting Period: November 12th to November 26th.
The Public has until November 10th at 11:59 pm to complete an online Budget Survey.
Please be advised that the results of the Budget Survey will not be presented at the Public Budget Consultation on Monday, October 21st.
Results of the in-person and online Budget Survey will be presented at the Draft Budget Meeting on December 16th at 1:00 pm in Council Chambers at City Hall.