“The Council of the City of Dawson Creek believes that the future quality of life in the community will be compromised if the current trends in revenues and expenditures are not addressed. Revenues are not growing fast enough to fund predicted future expenditures, especially for necessary infrastructure. Council intends to develop a range of solutions to protect the future of the community and urges our current citizens to actively engage with us in this vital work.” November 7, 2016
January 28, 2019 – Council’s first Budget Meeting was held. Proposed reduction strategies and the Capital Budget, as well as the Operations Budget, were discussed. Check out the details on the 2019 Draft 1 Budget Report.
- That the 2019 Budget Timeline be approved as presented with the amendment to hold Strategic Planning the week of November 26-30, 2018.
- That the 2019 Financial Plan be based on the principles and values included in the City’s Vision, Mission and Guiding Principle documents and other bylaw and policy documents.
- That the methodology used in preparing the 2019 Financial Plan will be based on an integrated and long term approach to setting tax rates, fees and charges and service provision.
- That a Strategic Planning Meeting will be held in late November to identify opportunities to close or reduce any funding gap created in the current operations budget and future plan. At the meeting Council and Senior staff will be discussing strategies, which include:
- a) Tax, fees and charges rate;
- b) Additional revenue opportunities;
- c) 2019 short-term targeted strategies;
- d) Long term targeted strategies; and/or
- e) Review of the Capital Plan.
Previous Year’s Documents
For more information: