“The Council of the City of Dawson Creek believes that the future quality of life in the community will be compromised if the current trends in revenues and expenditures are not addressed. Revenues are not growing fast enough to fund predicted future expenditures, especially for necessary infrastructure. Council intends to develop a range of solutions to protect the future of the community and urges our current citizens to actively engage with us in this vital work.” November 7, 2016
Council’s 2019 Strategic Priorities
“It is the intent of the City of Dawson Creek Council to move the Peace River Agreement revenue currently used for the Operations of the City back into the Capital program. As Council moves forward, it is the aspiration that a minimum of 85% of the Peace River Agreement revenue received be used for Capital investment with the remaining portion used for Operations towards debt servicing. The goal is to achieve this over the next seven years.” May 13, 2019
Budget Data Visualization
This tool was created to promote transparency and to help you navigate and stay updated regarding the current year’s approved budget operating revenues and expenditures, as well as the last two years of actual budget data.
To access this tool, go to: https://dawsoncreek.openbook.questica.com/#
- That the 2020 Budget Timeline be approved as presented.
- That the 2020 Financial Plan be based on the principles and values included in the City’s Vision, Mission and Guiding Principle documents and other bylaw and policy documents.
- That the methodology used in preparing the 2020 Financial Plan be based on an integrated and long term approach to setting tax rates, fees and charges and service provision.
October 21, 2019 – First Public Consultation – 1 PM in Council Chambers at City Hall.
December 16, 2019 – First Draft Budget Meeting – 1 PM in Council Chambers at City Hall.
January 27, 2020 – Second Draft Budget Meeting – 1 PM in Council Chambers at City Hall.
February 10, 2020 – Second Public Consultation – 7 PM at the Calvin Kruk Centre for the Arts.
March 9, 2020 – 2020-2024 – Five Year Plan Meeting – 1 PM in Council Chambers.
March 23, 2020 – Council to approve first two readings of the Financial Plan Bylaw.
April 6, 2020 – Council to approve third reading of the Financial Plan Bylaw.
April 27, 2020 – Council to adopt the Financial Plan Bylaw.
Previous Year’s Documents
- 2019-2023 Financial Plan Bylaw 4416, 2019
- 2018 Financial Plan Bylaw 4367, 2018
- 2017 Financial Plan Bylaw 4355, 2017
For more information: