Community Services News
Join City staff on June 25 between 11:00am and 1:00pm for 2 FREE EVENTS!
PARTICIPACTION SUMMER SOLSTICE EVENT (Kitchen Park)
- As part of the Community Better Challenge this June, Community Services is inviting the whole community for free games and activities!
- Enjoy face painting, sparkle tattoos, prizes, give-aways, parachute games and the bouncy castle!
- Information booths will be on hand where you can learn about our Emergency Management Program, Leisure Access Program, in town parks and trails and watershed.
- Be sure to join the Community Better Challenge and help Dawson Creek win $100,000 towards physical activity initiatives and the title of “Canada’s Most Active Community”. If you haven’t joined, it’s not too late – sign up now! To learn more about the challenge, click here.
- Head over to the Community Tree Planting event at Harry Morrow, being held in conjunction with the Summer Solstice event!
COMMUNITY TREE PLANTING (Harry Morrow Ball Diamonds)
- Come on out and help plant a tree!
- The goal is to plant a 400 tree windrow along the east side of the Harry Morrow Ball Field. For each tree you plant, you can take one home.
- Thank you to Louisiana Pacific for donating the trees, BC Timber Sales for the shovels and C. Norman Trenching for the tilling!
- Head over to the Summer Solstice Event at Kitchen Park for free events and activities before or after you plant a tree!
Lots of fun to be had by all this Saturday!
- Session 1: Sat, June 25 (10am-12pm).
- Session 2: Sun, June 26 (10am-12pm).
As part of the Community Better Challenge this June, Community Services is inviting the whole community to the free ParticipAction Summer Solstice Event!
Grab the family and head to Kitchen Park on June 25 between 11:00am and 1:00pm for games and activities, including:
- Tree Planting “plant a tree, take a tree”
- Face Painting
- Sparkle Tattoos
- Parachute Games
- Participation Events
- Prizes and give-aways
- …and so much more!
Learn about our Emergency Management program, Leisure Access Program, our parks and trail system and watershed, as well as many other local programs and initiatives.
Trees sponsored by LP Building Products.
Be sure to join the Community Better Challenge and help Dawson Creek win $100,000 towards physical activity initiatives and the title of “Canada’s Most Active Community”.
The City of Dawson Creek has hired a professional consulting team to lead an update to the City’s Culture, Parks & Recreation Master Plan. This plan includes a public and stakeholder engagement program that builds the final plan through a series of meetings and working sessions with City staff, local area stakeholders and the general public. (more…)
Who will be Canada’s Most Active Community?
This June, Dawson Creek will be participating in the ParticipACTION Community Better Challenge. Community Services is inviting all residents to take part and help win $100,000 for our community!
The challenge is open to everyone. All you have to do is:
Download the free Participation App or click on the Community Better Challenge logo.
Join the challenge (on the app or the website)
Track your physical activity minutes daily (walking, jogging, biking, playing, etc.).
All activity minutes tracked on the ParticipACTION app and website count toward a community’s total score.
Watch for upcoming Community Events to get you up and active this June!
At the conclusion of the challenge, one community will earn the top prize of $100,000 to support local physical activity initiatives and the title of “Canada’s Most Active Community”. In addition, there will also be prizes for the most active community in each province and territory.
Now, more than ever, physical activity and sport participation need to be prioritized to help Canadians stay healthy in mind, body, and community spirit. Every move counts!