Community Services News
Due to the new province-wide restrictions put in place on November 19, 2020, masks are now required by everyone entering City facilities. While City staff understand that not all Dawson Creek and area residents agree with wearing masks, it is the responsibility of the City to follow Public Health Orders.
- Under the age of 2
- With a medical exemption (anyone with a medical exemption must provide a doctor’s note to the Community Services Office or Pool staff prior to entering the facility).
- Masks are mandatory during the ENTIRE session for: Walking Track, Two Peas on a Pod, Roaming Rascals, Mad Science, Back to Basics, Public Skate.
- Masks mandatory during entry to facility, common places, sitting on the sidelines, EXCEPT during actual session for: Yoga, Atomic Volleyball, Volleyball Leagues, Public Swim (take mask off prior to entering water, immediately put mask back on before entering change room, when done swim).
- Cancelled: Shallow Water Fitness, Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen and all Preschool Parties
To view the full Public Health Order, please visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions.
Shallow Water Fitness Classes are starting up on November 30!
Registration in advance is required. Classes run on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:15-10:00am. Class sizes are small to accomodate COVID-19 protocols and guidelines.
- Arrive swim-ready (bathing suit on) as change rooms are available at the end of your swim only. Note: change room showers are not available, however patrons can use the on-deck shower.
- Can arrive as early as 9:00am and stay in the water until 10:20am.
- Fitness equipment will not be available, however you can bring your own.
- Bring a filled water bottle (water fountain not available).
Registration opens on Saturday, November 14. Don’t miss out!
The Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track is opening on November 2! All sessions are by registration only (no drop in).
- We can have only 15 people on the track during each session – therefore, it’s important you register everyone coming with you (including babies in strollers).
- Sessions are scheduled 3 times per day, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
For all the details, visit our Walking Track Page.
We have LOTS of fun scheduled for the fall! Here is a “taste” of just some of our programs!
- Public Skate starts on October 18! Registration in advance is required. Find out all the details at the arena here.
- Public Swim continues to be a blast, with the change rooms now open at the end of each swim. The water slide is also open! Find out more by visiting our pool page!
- Atomic Volleyball is starting up soon! This grass-roots program will keep youth active while learning the skills of game play – coaching is provided by the Dawson Creek Vollebyall Club. Learn more here
- Join our active parent and tot program, Two Peas on a Pod! A great way to meet other parents in the community AND enjoy physical activity with your child! For more details, click here
- Our resident scientist, Miss Chelsey has some fabulous experiments planned in our Mad Science program. Each child gets their own lab to try them out! Learn more here.
For a full list of all Fall programs, visit our pages:
You can register online at www.dawsoncreek.ca/register or by phone:
- Public Swim: 250-782-SWIM (7946)
- Public Skate and Recreation programs: 250-784-3604