Community Services News
Bronze Cross is starting this July! To register, call the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre at 250-782-SWIM (see below for dates).
Bronze Cross is the second step needed on the path to becoming a lifeguard. Lifeguarding is such a rewarding profession! In addition to learning how to save a life, you gain invaluable life-skills, such as:
- Problem solving
Interested in becoming a lifeguard? Call us now to find out what courses you need, to reach your goal!
Move for Health Day is held on May 10 every year. This international event was started in 2002 by the World Health Organization to promote physical activity.
The Community Services Department challenges you to GET UP, GET ACTIVE and TAKE PART in the Move for Health Day Contest!
What you can win:
Win a Movement Fit Boot Camp Kit! This “exercise class in a kit” includes:
- 7 instructional videos developed by our very own Recreation staff,
- A lesson plan with breakdown of stations,
- Yoga mat, agility ladder and agility discs.
How To Enter:
- Between May 10-17, have members of your household participate in the free 30 minute “Move and Groove” virtual Zumba class which will be found on our Facebook Page (City of Dawson Creek Recreation).
- Watch for a word that will appear at some point during the class.
- Email that word and how many people in your household participated, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00am on May 17 to be entered in the draw.
- Draw winner will be announced on Facebook.
For more information, call 250-784-3604.
Due to current COVID-19 Provincial Health Restrictions, the following programs are now cancelled:
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Choose to Move
Community Services staff are in the process of contacting all registrants in the above programs. To view current Province-wide restrictions, click here.
All of our other programs will continue as scheduled, including public swim and walking track sessions.
To view schedule information, click on the links below:
- Recreation Programs
- Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track
- Public Swim
- Private Swim Lessons (please note, lessons are currently full)
For information or to register, call 250-784-3604 or 250-782-SWIM
Registration for May and June private swim lessons opens on Monday, April 19:
- Online at 6:00am: www.dawsoncreek.ca/register
- By phone at 9:30am: 250-782-7946
If you have never used online registration before, give us a call to set up your account. You can put a credit on your account in advance if you prefer, and use that to register and pay for a lesson when registration opens.
To view the upcoming lesson schedule, click here