Community Services News
Please note, these facilities will be closed on Monday, October 14 for Thanksgiving:
- Memorial Arena
- Kin Arena
- Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre
- Climbing Wall
- Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track
- City Hall
We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!
Registration for Fall Programs starts soon!
Recreation Programs: Registration opens Wednesday, September 4!
Pool and Climbing Wall Programs: Registration opens Monday, September 16!
Join us at Tremblay Park (1404 – 115 Avenue) on September 4 @ 5:00 pm for two events!
- Community Registration (5:00 – 8:00pm). Register for a variety of programs happening around Dawson Creek or gather information on local sports and clubs you can join!
Attention clubs and organizations: if you’d like to be part of this event and promote your group and/or take registrations, call our office at 250-784-3604 to book a table for $15 plus tax.
- Shell Summer in the Park (5:00 – 7:00 pm). Come out for free games and activities, bouncy castle fun, music lessons at Harmony Park, parachute games and more! It’s the last one of the season, so don’t miss out!
For more information, give us a call at 250-784-3604! We hope to see you soon!
Fall Fair week is almost here! The pool schedule between August 4 – 11 is as follows:
- Sunday, August 4: Toonie Swim and Toonie Climb (1:00 – 5:00 pm)
- Monday, August 5: BC Day (Facility Closed)
- Tuesday, August 6: Public Swim runs 6:30 am – 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 7: Public Swim runs 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Thursday, August 8: Public Swim Runs 6:30am – 9:00pm, Drop-in Climb runs 5:30 – 9:00pm
- Friday, August 9: Public Swim runs 1:00 – 9:00 pm (we are closed in the morning for the parade), Drop-in Climb runs 5:30 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, August 10: Public Swim runs 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, August 11: Public Swim and Drop-in Climb runs 1:00 – 5:00pm
As in past years, the pool parking lot will become PAID PARKING during the fall fair. Bring some cash with you to pay the parking attendants. Patrons who are swimming or climbing will be reimbursed when they turn their pass in to pool reception. Those individuals going to the fair will not be reimbursed. This is a fundraiser for a local non-profit group.
For more information, please contact the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre at 250-782-SWIM (7946).
Come down to the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre on August 4 and Swim for $2 or Climb for $2 (Climbing shoes are included)! Please note, Youth, Families and Seniors swim for free this summer.
Climbing is for ages 4+. Everyone requires a valid waiver; those individuals ages 4 -18 must have their waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Swimmers who are 7 years old or younger must be within arms reach of a responsible person 16 years of age or older, in the water at all times.