Effective August 25,2021, masks are mandatory in all City facilities.
More information can be found here
Ice, Dry Floor and Meeting Room rentals are available. With new COVID-19 protocols, all renters are required to develop and submit their own COVID-19 Safety plan, in line with their sport association guidelines (if applicable) as well as the Arena COVID-19 Safety Plan. Insurance is required for all rentals; policies are available through Community Services. Renters are encouraged to review the City of Dawson Creek Arena User Guide. Rental inquiries: 250-784-3604
No Drop In Hockey at this time.
Parent and Tot Skate
No Parent and Tot Skate at this time.
No Open Skate at this time.
No classes at this time.
The Leisure Access Program allows eligible low-income Dawson Creek residents to register for classes (pool, arena, climbing wall, recreation) or access drop-in programs (Public Swim, Drop-in Climb, Public Skate, Drop-in Hockey, etc.) at numerous facilities. More information can be found here.
Refund, Transfer and Credit Policy
Refunds or Credits are given:
- If we cancel a program or rental.
- If you contact us to withdraw from the course no later than the minimum required cancellation notice for the class.
- Most classes require a minimum of 7 days cancellation notice (prior to the course start date). Some classes require more notice due to a variety of reasons (such as bringing in outside instructors). Be sure to ask when registering, what the minimum cancellation notice is for your course.
- If you contact us to cancel a rental no later than the minimum required cancellation notice for the rental.
- Some rentals such as regular hockey practice, require a minimum of 7 days cancellation notice. If they are a major event such as a swim meet or tournament, 30 days cancellation notice is required. Be sure to ask what the minimum cancellation notice is for your rental.
- If you provide a doctor’s note immediately (credit is effective starting the date the doctor’s note is received by the Community Services or Pool receptionist. Any missed days prior to that will not be eligible for credit. It is strongly recommended you hand in a doctors note immediately).
- We have a waitlist and are able to resell your space in a course.
Transfers (POOL ONLY) are permitted when you contact the pool 7 days prior to the course start date, or at the recommendation of the instructor.
NOTE: Credit must be used within one year. For more details, please call 250-784-3604.
Change rooms are assigned the same day of an event, program or rental. The assignment will be posted on the whiteboard when you enter the building.
Helmets with face guards are recommended for children 6 and under; a helmet is recommended for everyone. Rentals are not available at this time.
Food and Beverages
Food and drinks are not permitted on the ice surface.
Videos, Cameras and Recording Devices
Recording of patrons’ own group or family is permitted as long as the patron notifies staff before use. Recording devices are not permitted in the change rooms. We understand the need and respect the privacy of all our patrons.
In the event of an emergency, exit through the nearest exit and go to the muster point in the parking lot behind the 2 large hockey sticks. Arena staff will direct you from here.
*No spectators at this time.