Ice, Dry Floor and Meeting Room rentals are available. Insurance is required for all rentals; policies are available through Community Services. Renters are encouraged to review the City of Dawson Creek Arena User Guide. Rental inquiries: 250-784-3604.
Evening skates are sectioned off into 2 parts. 1/3 is for the kid zone and skate aids, the other 2/3 is for skating around the outside, alternating directions every 10 – 15 minutes. Morning skates are not sectioned off and skate aids are available.
there is space for up to 26 players and 2 goalies. 2 goalies are permitted to play for free. Players organize themselves into teams and Shinny.
Parent and Tot Skate
this drop-in program is designated for families only. Children must be with adults and adults must be with children. This is an excellent opportunity if you want to teach your child how to skate.
Enjoy an evening of unstructured play. The ice is divided into two sections; Family Shinny (skaters will need a CSA helmet, hockey gloves and stick) and public skate. Faceguard helmets are recommended for those 6 years and under for public skate. Helmets are recommended for everyone.
It is strongly recommended to register for courses early instead of waiting until the last minute. Courses may either be full or may have been cancelled due to lack of registration if you register late. Course registration is reviewed one week prior to the course start date and may be cancelled if registration numbers are low. So don’t delay, register today!
Program/class schedules can be found here or use the program button above. To register, choose from one of the 3 methods below. Payment is due at time of registration:
- ONLINE: Go to www.dawsoncreek.ca/register.
- By PHONE: Call Community Services at (250) 784-3604 or the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre at (250)782-7946.
- In PERSON at Community Services (City Hall) Monday – Friday, between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, or at the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre, during their public swim hours.
The Leisure Access Program allows eligible low-income Dawson Creek residents to register for classes (pool, arena, climbing wall, recreation) or access drop-in programs (Public Swim, Drop-in Climb, Public Skate, Drop-in Hockey, etc.) at numerous facilities. More information can be found here.
Refund, Transfer and Credit Policy
Refunds or Credits are given:
- If we cancel a program or rental.
- If you contact us to withdraw from the course no later than the minimum required cancellation notice for the class.
- Most classes require a minimum of 7 days cancellation notice (prior to the course start date). Some classes require more notice due to a variety of reasons (such as bringing in outside instructors). Be sure to ask when registering, what the minimum cancellation notice is for your course.
- If you contact us to cancel a rental no later than the minimum required cancellation notice for the rental.
- Some rentals such as regular hockey practice, require a minimum of 7 days cancellation notice. If they are a major event such as a swim meet or tournament, 30 days cancellation notice is required. Be sure to ask what the minimum cancellation notice is for your rental.
- If you provide a doctor’s note immediately (credit is effective starting the date the doctor’s note is received by the Community Services or Pool receptionist. Any missed days prior to that will not be eligible for credit. It is strongly recommended you hand in a doctors note immediately).
- We have a waitlist and are able to resell your space in a course.
Transfers (POOL ONLY) are permitted when you contact the pool 7 days prior to the course start date, or at the recommendation of the instructor.
NOTE: Credit must be used within one year. For more details, please call 250-784-3604.
Change rooms are assigned the same day of an event, program or rental. The assignment will be posted on the whiteboard when you enter the building.
Helmets with face guards are recommended for children 6 and under; a helmet is recommended for everyone. Helmet and skate rentals are available for drop-in skating; click here for prices.
Food and Beverages
Food and drinks are not permitted on the ice surface.
Videos, Cameras and Recording Devices
Recording of patrons’ own group or family is permitted as long as the patron notifies staff before use. Recording devices are not permitted in the change rooms. We understand the need and respect the privacy of all our patrons.
In the event of an emergency, exit through the nearest exit and go to the muster point in the parking lot behind the 2 large hockey sticks. Arena staff will direct you from here.
Spectators are restricted to the bleachers, foyer and public washrooms.