Due to the new province-wide restrictions put in place on November 19, 2020, masks are now required for everyone entering City facilities. For more details, click here.
View the full COVID-19 Arena Safety Plan here.
March 29, 2021: Public Skate is finished for the season; it will resume in the fall.
The Public Skate includes the following guidelines:
- Public Skate is open to residents in Dawson Creek, Pouce Coupe, Area D, Area E and neighboring border communities (Bonanza, Bay Tree, Savanna, Gundy) only.
- Everyone must pre-register for public skate (including children). Maximum capacity on the ice is limited to 20. To limit contact and encourage physical distancing, please:
- Register online at www.dawsoncreek.ca/register or register by phone at 250-784-3604 (M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm). If these options above don’t work, register in person at City Hall (M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm).
- Those exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, who have been in close contact with a case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days or who have travelled internationally must stay home and isolate.
- Maintain 6 feet (2m) physical distancing whenever possible; in the instance where physical distancing isn’t possible, wearing a mask, is strongly recommended.
- All public skates will be one hour long; arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your skate time. When your session ends, you will have 15 minutes to put on your footwear, gather your belongings and exit the facility.
- Maximum number of skaters: 20
- No spectators.
- Skate rentals, helmet rentals and skate aids are not available.
Go to our online registration site to view and/or register.