Community Services News
Fall Fair week is almost here!
As in past years, the pool parking lot will become paid parking during the Fall Fair (a fundraiser for a local community group).
- Those who are swimming or using the walking track will be reimbursed when they turn in their ticket at pool reception.
- Those going to the fair won’t be reimbursed.
- Registration opens Monday, July 19 at 1:00pm, for public swim during these weeks:
- July 20 – 23
- July 26 – 30
- August 3-6
- Registration opens Tuesday, August 3 at 1:00pm, for all remaining public swims of the summer.
- Online at www.dawsoncreek.ca/register
- By Phone at 250-782-7946 or 250-784-3604
- In person at the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre (#2 300 Hwy 2) or City Hall (10105 12A St.).
Join Shell and the City of Dawson Creek for two fun-filled days of games, activities, popcorn, cotton candy and prizes!
FREE FOR ALL AGES! Drop in to one of the times below:
July 21: Enchanted Forest & Faeries
August 25: Starry Nights Carnival
Operational changes effective July 1, 2021:
- Masks are no longer mandatory in our programs and facilities. They are recommended for those not fully vaccinated and those who wish to wear one. Please be considerate and respectful of each other.
- Anyone feeling sick is asked to stay home.
- Physical barriers will remain in place, directional signage may remain in some facilities.
- Registration in all programs is now open to everyone (no longer limited to local area residents).
- Pool specific information:
- Registration for Public Swim is still in effect as we transition back to drop in, however if space is available we will accept drop in. Please note, the number of spots available for public swim is determined by staffing levels.
- Spectators allowed in lobby area (not pool deck).
- Still arrive swim-ready (bathing suit on) as we transition; change rooms available at end of swim.