March 26, 2020 (2:00pm):
Given the escalating risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and recommendations from the Provincial Health Ministry, the City of Dawson Creek is CLOSING all playgrounds, outdoor fitness facilities, and skate parks effective immediately
View Notice Here
All parks, green spaces, and trails will remain open, however, we encourage the public to maintain Social Distancing practices while using these facilities.
For more information call 250-784-3604
Ball and Soccer Field rentals are available. Insurance is required for all rentals; policies are available through Community Services. Rental inquiries: 250-784-3604.
Many of our classes are held at local parks and sportsfields. It is strongly recommended to register for courses early instead of waiting until the last minute. Courses may either be full or may have been cancelled due to lack of registration if you register late. Course registration is reviewed one week prior to the course start date and may be cancelled if registration numbers are low. So don’t delay, register today!
Recreation Program/class schedules can be found here or use the program button above. To register, choose from one of the 3 methods below. Payment is due at time of registration:
- ONLINE: Go to www.dawsoncreek.ca/register.
- By PHONE: Call Community Services at (250) 784-3604 or the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre at (250)782-7946.
- In PERSON at Community Services (City Hall) Monday – Friday, between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, or at the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre, during their public swim hours.
The Leisure Access Program allows eligible low-income Dawson Creek residents to register for classes (pool, arena, climbing wall, recreation) or access drop-in programs (Public Swim, Drop-in Climb, Public Skate, Drop-in Hockey, etc.) at numerous facilities. More information can be found here.
Refund, Transfer and Credit Policy
Refunds or Credits are given:
- If we cancel a program or rental.
- If you contact us to withdraw from the course no later than the minimum required cancellation notice for the class.
- Most classes require a minimum of 7 days cancellation notice (prior to the course start date). Some classes require more notice due to a variety of reasons (such as bringing in outside instructors). Be sure to ask when registering, what the minimum cancellation notice is for your course.
- If you contact us to cancel a rental no later than the minimum required cancellation notice for the rental.
- Some rentals such as regular hockey practice, require a minimum of 7 days cancellation notice. If they are a major event such as a swim meet or tournament, 30 days cancellation notice is required. Be sure to ask what the minimum cancellation notice is for your rental.
- If you provide a doctor’s note immediately (credit is effective starting the date the doctor’s note is received by the Community Services or Pool receptionist. Any missed days prior to that will not be eligible for credit. It is strongly recommended you hand in a doctors note immediately).
- We have a waitlist and are able to resell your space in a course.
Transfers (POOL ONLY) are permitted when you contact the pool 7 days prior to the course start date, or at the recommendation of the instructor.
NOTE: Credit must be used within one year. For more details, please call 250-784-3604.