Due to the new province-wide restrictions put in place on November 19, 2020, masks are now required for everyone entering City facilities. For more details, click here
The Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre is currently open for public swim with COVID-19 protocols in place. For details please click here.
The Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre is a state of the art facility that officially opened on September 15, 2007.
Since then, we’ve seen over 1 million visitors through our doors! We’re not just a swimming pool – we also have an indoor Climbing Wall and Walking/Running Track! Click on these links below to find out more.
Business Hours and Contact Information
The Aquatic Centre is on a reduced schedule due to COVID-19 protocols. For inquiries, please call us during these business hours:
- Saturday: 9:30am – 7:45pm
- Sunday: 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Monday: 8:45am – 7:45pm
- Tuesday: 8:45am – 7:45pm
- Wednesday: 8:45am – 7:45pm
- Thursday: CLOSED
- Friday: CLOSED
Public Swim Hours
- Visit our schedules page.
- Phone: 250-782-SWIM (7946)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 250-782-7997
Pool Deck Features
- 8-Lane 25m Competition Pool (990,000 litres)
- Hot Tub (12,800 litres)
- Leisure Pool (225,000 litres)
- Tots Pool (9,000 litres)
- 1m & 3m Diving Boards *Closed
- Lazy river
- Sauna and Steam Rooms *Closed
- Male, Female & Universal Change Rooms
- Special Needs Access and Changing Rooms
- Ramp and stairs into leisure pool
- Water wheelchairs
- Pool-side Spectator Seating *Closed
- The water is salt-based but does produce chlorine.
*CLIMBING WALL CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS*
Located in the lobby of the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre, the Climbing Wall officially opened on January 22, 2011. This amazing feature was made possible thanks to help provided by local community groups (including the local Rotary Clubs, South Peace Oilmen’s Association, Kinsmen Club, Northern BC Winter Games Society and the North East BC Energy Conference) who raised money and donated the project.
- Dimensions: 46 feet tall, 20 feet wide
- 13-foot free-standing boulder
- 13-foot Cave with a 5 and a half foot overhang
- The main wall is a patented Enterprises mixture, combining fibreglass and concrete, called Imprint. The Boulder is a patented material called Free Form. These surfaces are similar to what one would encounter outdoors on a rock face.
- Everyone aged 4 years and up can try the wall.
- Each climber must complete a Waiver prior to climbing; those between the age of 4 – 18yrs must have their parent or legal guardian sign their waiver. Climbing Wall Waiver
Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track
Visit our new Walking Track Page.