March 30, 2020 (12:00pm):
Upon recommendations put forward by the British Columbia Office of the Provincial Health Officer regarding current concerns of CO-VID 19 pandemic,
the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre, Climbing Wall and Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track, are CLOSED until further notice.
*All classes are cancelled*
*All Swim and Climb PASS holders will have their passes EXTENDED
for the number of days we are closed*
For more information, call 250-784-3604
The Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre is a state of the art facility that officially opened on September 15, 2007.
Since then, we’ve seen over 1 million visitors through our doors! We’re not just a swimming pool – we also have an indoor Climbing Wall and Walking/Running Track! Click on these links to find out more about:
Pool Deck – Features:
- 8-Lane 25m Competition Pool (990,000 litres)
- Hot Tub (12,800 litres)
- Leisure Pool (225,000 litres)
- Tots Pool (9,000 litres)
- 1m & 3m Diving Boards
- Lazy river
- Sauna and Steam Rooms
- Male, Female & Universal Change Rooms
- Special Needs Access and Changing Rooms
- Ramp and stairs into leisure pool
- Water wheelchairs
- Pool-side Spectator Seating
- The water is salt-based but does produce chlorine.
Climbing Wall – Features
Located in the lobby of the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre, the Climbing Wall officially opened on January 22, 2011. This amazing feature was made possible thanks to help provided by local community groups (including the local Rotary Clubs, South Peace Oilmen’s Association, Kinsmen Club, Northern BC Winter Games Society and the North East BC Energy Conference) who raised money and donated the project.
- Dimensions: 46 feet tall, 20 feet wide
- 13-foot free-standing boulder
- 13-foot Cave with a 5 and a half foot overhang
- The main wall is a patented Enterprises mixture, combining fibreglass and concrete, called Imprint. The Boulder is a patented material called Free Form. These surfaces are similar to what one would encounter outdoors on a rock face.
- Everyone aged 4 years and up can try the wall
- Each climber must complete a Waiver prior to climbing; those between the age of 4 – 18yrs must have their parent or legal guardian sign their waiver. Climbing Wall Waiver
Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track – Features
Open year-round, the track was first opened in October 2008. Access to the track is via the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre, where patrons must sign in at reception.
- Walking track is FREE to use
- Sign in at the pool (before using track)
- Sign out at the pool (after using track)
- INDOOR SHOES ONLY on track – outdoor footwear to be removed in pool lobby, prior to track use (footwear can be locked up in the lobby).
- Children 12 and under MUST be with a responsible adult 19 or older
- There are 2 directions that change weekly. Walkers stay to the inside of the track and runners stay to the outside
- As a courtesy to all users, please ensure you walk and run in the correct direction as posted. (No more than 2 people side by side to allow room for people passing)
- Please do not stop on the track – there are several resting areas located around and off the track
- Strollers are welcome on the walking track but please be sure your wheels are clean and you are in control of your stroller at all times
- The track is closed the day before, day of, and day after events and concerts.
- Lockers are available for use in the pool lobby (tokens cost $0.50 and can be purchased at the pool front desk).
- 1 lap = 250 meters (0.155 miles) 4 laps = 1 Kilometer 6 laps = 1 mile