Due to the new province-wide restrictions put in place on November 19, 2020, masks are now required for everyone entering City facilities. For more details, click here
The Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre is currently open for public swim with COVID-19 protocols in place. For details please click here.
Videos, cameras and recording devices of any sort are permitted in the public areas of the building. Recording is permitted of patrons own group or family as long as the patron notifies staff beforehand.
We understand the need and respect the privacy of all our patrons.
Can My Child Swim Alone?
Youth who are 7 years old and under must be within arm’s reach of a responsible person 16 years of age or older, in the water at all times. The rule is a maximum of 3 youth (7 years and under) per adult. Before, during and after swim lessons, children 7 and under are NO LONGER PERMITTED in the Tot’s Pool without a parent or responsible person 16 years of age or older in the water with them and within arm’s reach.
- Life Jackets are complimentary for our patrons – limited supply available, first come first served.
- Have your children or grandchildren outgrown their life jackets? We can put them to good use. Drop them off at the pool reception.
Diapers vs. Little Swimmers
All youth who are not fully potty trained must wear an approved swim diaper (ie. little swimmers, re-usable water diapers). Regular diapers are not approved for use in the pool as they are designed to absorb. In the pool, regular diapers absorb water until they burst, releasing the moisture beads into the water and causing a pool closure.
Strollers are not allowed on the pool deck. Please ask at reception for options on where to store your stroller while you are swimming. There are two strollers available for public use on deck.
*DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, MAXIMUM CAPACITY IN CHANGE ROOMS IS LIMITED. Please be considerate of those waiting their turn and change quickly.
Change rooms are available at the end of the swim only, so you will need to arrive swim-ready (bathing suit on under your clothes).
In recognition of our diverse community, we have now converted the family change room to a universal change room where everyone is welcome. *As a courtesy to all patrons, please do not store your items, including personal wheelchairs, in the cubicles, washrooms or shower rooms.
*DUE TO COVID-19 PROTOCOLS, CHANGE ROOM SHOWERS CLOSED AT THIS TIME. ON-DECK SHOWER IS AVAILABLE FOR USE.
For health reasons, all swimmers are required to shower thoroughly before entering the pool.
*DUE TO COVID-19 PROTOCOLS, PUBLIC SWIM IS BY REGISTRATION ONLY – NO DROP IN AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Groups of 10 or more people are required to notify us by phone of their attendance 48 hours in advance. This allows us to inform you of what is/is not available at the time you wish to come (spray features, diving boards, waterslide etc. could be closed) and to ensure adequate staff is available.
No food or drinks permitted on the pool deck or in the change rooms (non-breakable containers are permitted for water and sports drinks). Glass containers are not permitted in building.
Youth must be 42 inches tall (3ft. 6 inches) to ride the slide. Doubling up is not permitted. Rules are assigned as per the manufacturer and the BC Safety Authority. Youth who are 7 years old and under must have a parent (or responsible person 16 years of age or older) waiting at the bottom of the slide on the pool deck as they exit the slide flume.
Ask us about our Leisure Access Program for recreation and fitness classes offered at our City of Dawson Creek facilities.
*MEETING ROOM NOT AVAILABLE FOR RENTALS AT THIS TIME.
To rent the Lap or Leisure Pool, all renters must develop a COVID-19 Safety Plan. For details on how to rent, please contact the pool during business hours at 250-782-7946.
*CLIMBING WALL CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS*
Haven’t tried the climbing wall yet? Come on down! We offer Introductory Climbing classes, Orientation sessions, Drop In sessions, as well as our very own Climbing Clubs! Please note, everyone must sign a waiver and any individuals under the age of 19 must have their parent or legal guardian sign the waiver before they can climb.
Location: #2 – 300 Highway 2 (at the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre). Call us for more information at (250) 782-7946.
Wayne & Bev Dahlen Walking Track
The walking track is located on the 3rd floor of the Encana Events Centre. Access is via the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre at #2-300, Hwy 2, Dawson Creek, BC. (all participants must sign in at the pool). The track is free to use and lockers are available in the pool lobby (lockers are .50 – tokens can be purchased at pool reception). For information, contact (250) 782-7946.
1 lap = 250 meters (or .155 miles) 4 laps = 1 Kilometer 6 laps = 1 mile (approx.)
- Sign in at the pool (before using track).
- Sign out at the pool (after using track).
- INDOOR SHOES ONLY on track – outdoor footwear to be removed at pool, prior to track use (footwear can be locked up at pool lobby).
- Children 12 and under MUST be with a responsible adult.
- There are 2 directions that change weekly. Walkers stay to the inside of the track and runners stay to the outside.
- As a courtesy to all users, please ensure you walk and run in the correct direction as posted. No more than 2 people side by side to allow room for people passing.
- Please do not stop on the track – there are several resting areas located around and off the track.
- Strollers are welcome on the walking track but please be sure your wheels are clean and you are in control of your stroller at all times.
- The track is ALWAYS CLOSED on event days (including the days before & after events) and stat holidays.
Refund, Transfer and Credit Policy
REFUNDS are given ONLY if we cancel a program.
TRANSFERS (POOL ONLY) permitted when the pool is notified 7 days prior to the course start date, or at the recommendation of the instructor.
CREDITS will be issued for the unused portion of a program when the following criteria is met:
- You provide a doctor’s note immediately. Credit is effective starting the date the doctor’s note is received by Recreation/Pool staff.
- We have a wait list and are able to resell your space.
- (POOL ONLY) You contact the pool 7 days prior to the course start date.
NOTE: Credit must be used within one year. For more details, please call the office.
Register for Public Swim
*DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, TO LIMIT CONTACT AND ENCOURAGE PHYSICAL DISTANCING REGISTER ONLINE OR BY PHONE*
All public swim is by advance registration only – no drop in. Payment due at time of registration.
- Register online using our Online Registration Site.
- Attention Online Customers: Due to the time zone your computer is set to, course start times may appear as Alberta local time. As an example, Alberta customers will see a course start time of 6:00pm however the course actually starts at 5:00pm in Dawson Creek.
- Please double check your booking confirmation for the actual course start time. You can also give us a call at 250-782-7946 or 250-784-3604 before registering online to confirm.
- At 250-782-SWIM during Aquatic Centre business hours:
- Saturday: 9:30am-7:45pm
- Sunday: 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Monday: 8:45am – 7:45pm
- Tuesday: 8:45am – 7:45pm
- Wednesday: 8:45am – 7:45pm
- By phone at 250-784-3604 during Community Services business hours
- Thursday: 8:45am – 4:15pm
- Friday: 8:45am – 4:15pm
In PERSON at City Hall
We are not accepting walk-in registrations at the pool during COVID-19 restrictions).
- Register in person at City Hall, 8:45am – 4:15pm (Monday – Friday)