New Water Sales Program Now in Effect
The City of Dawson Creek introduced a new Water Sales Program during the month of May 2022. Construction began on the North Side of the Alaska Highway location, and is now complete at all locations.
The new Water Sales Program allows water haulers to add money to their online accounts using a credit card at any time of day, enhancing the user experience and making it easier for larger companies to track their transactions and keep their accounts updated. For more information on how to use this system, check out the Water Sales Program FAQ.
How do I sign up for a Water Sales Account?
If you are creating an account for the first time, or switching over from the old FOB system, you will need to come in to City Hall at 10105 12A St during business hours which are Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30PM (City Hall is closed on weekends and Stat Holidays), or call (250)784-3600 during business hours or 311 during evenings or weekends in order to set up a new account.
How do I add money to my online Water Sales Account?
- Go to https://water.simcom.tech/ and login: enter your username and password.
- Click on “User Mgmt.”, then click on “My Profile”.
- Click on “Process Payment” and enter the amount you would like to add to your account, your credit card information, and then click “Process”.
*Please note: only credit cards can be used on this system.
Where are the Water Sales Stations located?
Residential Potable Water Stations
- are open 24/7 and are located at:
- 2040 Alaska Highway (across from Peace River Regional District Office/ Dawson Creek Golf Course)
- 2 stations for Residential filling, 2 for Commercial
- 204 116 Avenue (just past the Dawson Creek Vet’s Office/Fall Fair Grounds)
- 1 station for Residential filling, 1 combined for Commercial or Non-Potable use
To haul residential water you will need:
- a water tank
- about 8 feet of hose
- a 2 inch cam-lock coupling (female end)
Industrial Non-Potable Water Station
- located at 204 116 Avenue
- lower valve only (not overhead valves)
- 3-inch female cam-lock required
- Facility for supply of reclaimed wastewater for specific purposes – agreement required.
Trucked Waste Facility: 248-115 Ave
- Facility for disposal of trucked wastewater and sewage– agreement required.
How do I use the water sales stations?
The potable water filling stations can be used by anyone (residents or businesses), but require a pre-made account to be set up through the Finance Department at City Hall. The account is then accessible online and money can be added as needed by each account owner.
To create a new account or transfer an account from the old FOB system (pre-May 2022), you must visit City Hall or call (250)784-3600 to complete a simple and straightforward process.
Once an account has been made and you have a username and password, you can begin to manage your account online and add money to your account using the online payment system.
How much does it cost?
The current water rate is listed in the Fees & Charges Bylaw located on the City website at https://www.dawsoncreek.ca/departments/corporate-administration/bylaws/ , as approved by Council.
Can I pay for water at the filling station kiosk? Can I pay with a debit card?
No, the onsite kiosks are not point-of-sale (POS) systems and you will not be able to add money to your account through the kiosks onsite. Money must be added through your online account prior to attempting to receive water from the Water Sales Stations. Only credit cards are accepted when loading money onto your online account.
How do I use the system at the water sales stations?
Once you have created an account at City Hall, or switched your old account over to the new system, you will need to load it up with money first. City Staff will create a Username/Password for accessing your online account, as well as a Credential # and Validation # so you can access your account at the stations. Scan the QR Code on the first page of this document to locate the water sales website (simply open the Camera app on your phone, and hold it in front of the QR Code), or visit http://www.water.simcom.tech/.
At the Water Sales Stations, follow this procedure:
- Enter your Operator ID and Validation Code
- Confirm your hose is connected and your valve is open
- Enter the volume of your tank (if you don’t know the volume of your tank, guesstimate and shut the valve off early to prevent wasting water)
- Verify that your account has enough money
- Push and hold the open button on the wall or on the pendant until desired flow is reached (about 10 seconds for full flow)
- The fill will end when requested volume has been dispensed or when you press the stop button on the wall or pendant once
- Ensure your tank’s valve is fully closed and the hose is disconnected and stored securely before leaving.
- A receipt will automatically be emailed to you