June 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021
Who will be Canada’s Most Active Community?
This June, Dawson Creek will be participating in the ParticipACTION Community Better Challenge. Community Services is inviting all residents to take part and help win $100,000 for our community!
The challenge is open to everyone. All you have to do is:
- Visit participaction.com.
- Click on the Community Better Challenge logo.
- Download the free Participation App or sign up on the website.
- Click on the "Join the Challenge" button
- Track your physical activity minutes daily (walking, jogging, biking, playing, etc.).
All activity minutes tracked on the ParticipACTION app and website from June 1 – 30, count toward a community’s total score. Some ideas with COVID considerations:
- Track your minutes individually or in your family bubble (walking, jogging, playing, riding your bike),
- Track your minutes as a socially distanced or virtual team (workplace challenge, school groups, noon hour walks),
- Sign out one of the FREE Fit & Fun Community Challenge activity kits (available June 1 – 30).
At the conclusion of the challenge, one community will earn the top prize of $100,000 to support local physical activity initiatives and the title of "Canada’s Most Active Community". In addition, there will also be prizes for the most active community in each province and territory.
Now, more than ever, physical activity and sport participation need to be prioritized to help Canadians stay healthy in mind, body, and community spirit. Every move counts!
Questions? Call Community Services at 250-784-3604.