The South Peace Local Business certificate is part of a local content program that identifies and promotes local businesses that provide economic benefit to the region. The program is administered by the South Peace Economic Development Commission and sponsored by Community Futures Peace Liard. The online system allows resource projects to easily find and engage with local businesses. It is an essential tool for local contracting programs in the South Peace.
How It Works
South Peace businesses complete an online questionnaire and submit to a local administrator. Companies that meet the requirements are certified as a South Peace Local Business. Certified local businesses are placed in an online searchable directory. Detailed profile pages are managed by the local business to ensure company information is accurate and up-to-date. Contracting companies for resource projects in the region use the system to search for certified local businesses and understand business capacity by in the region. Contracting companies can download information to a spreadsheet, which can be directly used in their contracting process and e-procurement systems. Businesses re-certify each year, so the information in the system always up-to-date.
How To Certify
Local South Peace businesses can become certified in three easy steps:
- Create an online account at https://certvine.com/Register
- Add company information for profile page (company name, contact information, description and services provided) by following the online registration wizard
- Complete South Peace Local Business certificate questionnaire and submit
In order to be eligible for the South Peace Local Business certificate, companies must meet the following criteria:
- The company must have a physical presence in the Peace River South Electoral District
- The company must provide local employment to at least one (1) resident living in the Peace River South Electoral District
- The company must have a valid Peace River South (Dawson Creek, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, Pouce Coupe) business license unless exempt
Note: Companies must be able to provide proof that they meet these criteria, if requested.