News & Announcements
For Immediate Release
December 5, 2016
ENCANA EVENTS CENTRE MANAGEMENT CONTRACT
The City of Dawson Creek is pleased to announce an 11 year extension of the facility management services agreement with Spectra by Comcast Spectacor for the operations of the Encana Events Centre. This contract will see the 3 different divisions of Spectra – Venue Management, Ticketing & Fan Engagement and Food Services & Hospitality – continue to build on the success of the past 8 years.
A Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, December 5, 2016 and will include:
- Nicole Palfy, The Mirror in attendance re: 2016 Reader’s Choice Awards.
- Cheryl Bennetts, Sherry Mcleod, Rosalyn Guest & Arden Smith, South Peace Community Resource Society in attendance re: National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women in Dawson Creek Proclamation.
- Andrew Ho, Daniel Martin, Rob Dayringer, Adam Leavitt and Shani Russell (Filiatrault), Dawson Creek Disc Golf Club in attendance re: Request for Additional Infrastructure at the Disc Golf Course.
- James Maxwell & Patrick Howell, Dawson Creek Triathlon Committee in attendance re: 2017 Dawson Creek Triathlon. (Video Presentation)
- 2017 Revenue Anticipation Borrowing Bylaw No. 4332, 2016 for consideration of adoption.
Please follow the link below to access the full Agenda Package:
The City of Dawson Creek wishes to inform the public that Salerno Pizza Ltd. (dba Boston Pizza Dawson Creek) located at 1525 Alaska Avenue in Dawson Creek has made application for a Liquor Primary Liquor Licence. The capacity of the licence area will be 87 people with the proposed business hours of 11:00am to 1:00am on Monday through Saturday, and from 11:00am to midnight on Sunday. The applicant wishes to offer a social gathering place for patrons as an alternative to other pub and night club options. Entertainment and events may consist of karaoke nights, music trivia and live entertainment such as comedians and acoustic bands as well as DJs.
Anyone who feels that they may be affected by this application are asked to submit their comments, in writing, to Brenda Ginter, Director of Corporate Administration, City of Dawson Creek, BC, P.O. Box 150, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4G4, fax to 250.782.3203 or email to email@example.com before December 16, 2016.
If you require further information regarding this application please contact Brenda Ginter at 250.784.3614.
Starting November 28th, 2016 until December 16th 2016
The neighborhoods within a block of the 15th st Bridge Project will be experiencing ground vibrations from Pile Driving activities performed during heavy construction of the Bridge Foundations.
The hours of operations will be from 7:00am to 7:00pm with periodic breaks to set up.
If you have any concerns please contact the City of Dawson Creek at 250-784-3600.
Trying to call City Hall?
Please be advised that all City departments are currently having new phone systems installed.
If you are having trouble getting through on the phone please try again later.
We appreciate your patience as we work out the kinks and apologize for any inconvenience.