News & Announcements
Free Busing in Conjunction with Idle-Less Week!
Saturday, November 21st to Friday, November 27th
Ride the bus for a chance to win a prize.
Call 250-784-3604 for details.
A Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, November 16, 2015 and will include:
- Public Hearing re: Zoning Amendment (15-06) Bylaw No. 4273, 2015.
- Proclamation of National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women.
- Alaska Highway News – Best of the Best People’s Choice Awards for 2015.
- Report No. 15-214 from the Deputy Director of Community Services re: BC Hydro Landscaping Agreement.
- Report No. 15-209 from the Senior City Planner re: Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 4276, 2015 (Temporary Use Permits).
- Letter from Deborah Apps, President & CEO re: Acceptance to Become a Champion for the Trans Canada Trail
Follow the link below to access the full Regular Meeting agenda package.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2015
Council Chambers, City Hall 8:30 AM
The public is welcome to attend a Special Council Meeting regarding:
- Northern Development Initiative Trust Funding for the Mile 0 Park Society.
- Resolution to move into a Special Closed to the Public Meeting as per Section 90 (1) (c) labour relations or other employee relations.
Director of Corporate Administration
A Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, November 2, 2015 and will include:
– Proclamation for Adoption Awareness Month.
– South Peace Mile 0 Park Society re: Splash Park Funding Request.
– Report No.15-188 from the Director of Development Services re: RFP 2015-41 Road Safety Audit.
– Report No. 15-195 from the Chief Financial Officer re: 2016 Community Grant Requests.
– Report No. 15-204 from the Deputy Director of Community Services re: Christmas in Dawson Creek Free Bussing.
– Report No. 15-196 from the Senior City Planner re: Dawson Hills Rezoning (9700 – 3rd Street).
- Zoning Amendment (15-06) Bylaw No. 4273, 2015 for consideration of first three readings.
Follow the link below to access the full Regular Meeting agenda package:
At the Regular Meeting of Council held October 19, 2015, Council proposed to add a Recording Devices Policy for City facilities. Please see the proposed policy below.
Any member of the public, who feels they may be affected by the proposed changes to the City of Dawson Creek’s policy, may submit comments regarding these proposed amendments, in writing to:
Brenda Ginter, Director of Corporate Administration, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 250.782.3203 or drop them off at City Hall at 10105 12A Street no later than November 21, 2015.