News & Announcements
A Regular Meeting of Council will be held on Monday, May 10, 2021 at 9:00 am and will include:
- A zoom presentation from representatives of Timberline Trail and Nature Club about the history, current state and potential future of McQueen Slough.
- A presentation from a Peace Energy Cooperative consultant about solar energy opportunities for the City to consider.
- A letter from a resident asking Council to reconsider a water bill due to a water leak issue.
- A report about the BC Transit Annual Operating Agreement.
- A report about Loan Authorization Bylaw No. 4503, 2021.
REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS 2021-22
The City of Dawson Creek invites bids for the re-ditching and cleaning of approximately 10000m of drainage ditches.
All contract documents are available through BC Bid. Bidders are solely responsible for ensuring any addenda are downloaded, reviewed, and included in their bid. Questions regarding specifications can be directed to Cyril Mills, Public Works Assistant Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit bids or pricing information to this email address.
Bidders must refer to the RFQ Documents for the terms governing the Bid process. Quotations shall be prepared and submitted at the sole expense of the Bidder and without cost to the Corporation of the City of Dawson Creek. All quotations received by the City of Dawson Creek Corporate Officer become the property of the Corporation of the City of Dawson Creek and as such are subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Quotations may be submitted until 2:00 p.m. (local time), Friday, May 21, 2021.
May 3rd – May 7th is BC Water Week! We all play an important part in protecting and using our water sources. Check out the profiles below from members of our community. To learn more about our local water sources, visit our Watershed Stewardship page.
“Water is very important! We humans can only survive two days without water but we can survive two weeks without food. I like to throw rocks in the creek and I like to cross the bridge and turn-up on the other side!” (more…)