News & Announcements
Upcoming Road Closure: 102nd Ave between 16th Street and 17th Street will be closed to traffic and pedestrians as early as Friday afternoon on July 23, 2021. A detour will be posted before the site to aid in the flow of traffic. Please be aware that no permanent blocking of any driveway or access is anticipated.
At the Regular Meeting of Council held on Monday July 19, 2021, Council approved the new Asset Retirement Obligations (ARO) Policy subject to the City’s 30-day review process.
Any member of the public who feels they may be affected by the proposed City of Dawson Creek ARO Policy may submit comments, in writing, to:
Joanne Caldecott, Acting Deputy Corporate Officer via email: email@example.com or fax 250.782.3203 or to City Hall at 10105 – 12A Street no later than 4:30 pm on Monday, August 23, 2021.
Report No. 21-072 that was presented to Council together with the proposed policy is provided here.
A Public Hearing and Regular Meeting of Council will be held on Monday, July 19, 2021 at 9:00am and will include:
- A Public Hearing for proposed Zoning Bylaw Amendments (21-03) Bylaw No. 4506, 2021and (21-04) Bylaw No. 4507, 2021.
- An email from residents of Dawson Creek about Zoning Amendment (21-04) Bylaw No. 4507, 2021.
- A Zoom presentation from BC Housing regarding BC Housing’s funding programs.
- A presentation from the South Peace Building Learning Together (BLT) Society outlining the issue of child care spaces in Dawson Creek, and a partnership plan to create a Child Care Action Plan.
- Email from a resident of Dawson Creek regarding a light post replacement.
- A report about the purchasing of flat deck trailers for Emergency Sanitary Sewer Bypass Pumping equipment.
- The annual Property Tax Collection report.
- A report that provides Council with a list of current organizations that are Permissive Tax exempted to consider including in the 2022 Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw.